Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 10:00 AM - Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 4:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
Two days of developers collaborating (and, um, competing) to build the most imaginative, inspired, and innovative App.net apps. We'll provide the food, snacks, and ground rules, and you provide the ideas. Oh the possibilities.
Saturday, October 20: 10 am – 10 pm (note we are not hacking through the night)
Sunday, October 21: 10 am – 4 pm
The day will start with an intro and overview from our ceo, Dalton Caldwell, and there will be a breakout session for those new to our API or who have questions on getting started. Ther afternoon on Sunday will be used to demo and showcase all projects.
App.net is an ad-free, subscirption based social network and API. For developers, we're a backbone you can rely on – the pipes you can build your web, mobile, and desktop apps on. Our API is here for you, and we won't shut you out.
Schedule is below (subject to change):
Day 1: Saturday, October 20, 2012 10 am-10 pm
- 10:00 – Doors Open/Breakfast
- 10:15 – Welcome/intros - Ben
- Backgrounds, familiarity with App.net, what you’re interested in working no
- 10:30 – ADN state of the union, design of our API – Dalton
- 11:00 – Divide into teams ,brainstorm, code
- – Breakout session - walkthrough App.net API, how to get started – Berg
- 1:00 – Lunch!
- 2:00-6:00 -- Code
- 6:00-7:00 – Idea check-in, present your progress, ask questions
- 7:00 – Dinner!
- 7:00-10:00 – Code some more
- 10:00pm – End of first day
Day 2: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 10 am - 4 pm
- 10:00 – Doors Open / Breakfast
- 10:30 – Code/finish up
- 1:00 – Lunch!
- 1:30 pm -- Present projects
- 3:30 – Prizes
- 4:00 – Out
Admission is free. If you're not in San Francisco, we'll try to set up some sort of video, so you don't miss out.
More details and agenda to come.
Hosted by our friends at Storify, who have already integrated App.net.
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.